Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Insectomania

Personally, I have nothing against insects as long as they eat their partners after mating or do whatever that insects are supposed to do among themselves. However, when they decide to invade my privacy, I don’t hesitate to put my foot over them despite the "scrunch" sound it makes when I do that.

It often amazes me seeing people doing PhD studies on the sex life of cicadas. It baffles me even more that Cicadas actually have a sex life especially looking at how ugly they appear and whose idea of attracting a female is rubbing their antennae together to make weird noises that, in dark houses are almost certain to make the human occupants wet their pants. In spite of it, of course, people spend years studying insects. It must be like one of those compulsive disorders where people laugh loud at all jokes, which are narrated by their superiors even though the jokes themselves are so stale that they attract flies.

If this is the case with men, can you imagine what must be it with ladies? Most ladies whom I know are gentle creatures till the point they see anything that is on six feet (this includes mating dogs too). At this point they grab hold of any strong object nearby like their husband’s or boyfriend’s hand and display the same composure what Dalai Lama displays whenever he sits atop a 20000 volts chair.

I don't think it's expected to be anytime soon that we are going to see the end of insects. In fact, Scientists say that cockroaches can survive even a nuclear explosion. We just have to learn to live with them.

No comments: